Thursday, 2 September 2010

Hangi Heaven

"Ao Place" is a lunch-bar - sort of - in Surfdale (Waiheke). The owner does a Hangi each month and this month I got a share. I haven't had hangi food in ages, so I was really looking forward to it. I was not disappointed. She provided enough for a big plate piled high - pork, lamb, beef, and chicken - with a big hunk of pumpkin and cabbage, and a potato looking all alone in the pile. There is enough for four large meals so I know what I'm eating all week. All good solid kai.

Definately go for it again next month, and I'll see if I can help out too. A real hangi is a community effort.

In other news: Mercury Energy keep sending me final notices and disconnection threats, though they won't send me a bill. It's confusingly difficult to sort out - perhaps I need to change supplier. Car is in for service so I'm walking everywhere, but the weather has been good for it and so have the beaches.

It's probably about time I emerged from my shell and started exploring the local social life.

No comments:

Post a Comment